Welcome

Follow us as we head out from Sydney in our new motorhome to see a big part of our country.
I have added another blog if you would like to read it, you are most welcome. Still related to the trip.
oursuncamper.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ocean Park

Friday 22nd.July.
Ocean Park is a short 7 klm drive from Shark Bay and a very informative place to see the marine life of Shark Bay. Marine biologists give regular tours of the facility, its set high above the water with lovely views all around. There are all types of marine life, sharks, turtles, barramundi, squid and other tropical fish. Shark feeding was part of the tour.


sting ray




Ocean Park
Turtle

Afterwards John and I had a coffee overlooking the water, looked around the gift shop and then went back to town.
 We booked a quad bike tour for tomorrow. It looks like fun and only goes for two hours.
John managed to catch a couple of fish when we drove out to Little Lagoon, a short distance from town.  One, a small flathead had to be released, it was too small. The other, a whiting, has no size restriction so he kept it. It was a pretty spot down at Little Lagoon, I opened the kitchen window and the door of the motor home and read my book, while John fished.

Saturday 23rd July.
I loved the quad bike tour we did in the afternoon. I was a bit worried that it would be too hard to climb onto the bike, I was a passenger, John the driver. He had to get a few instructions and off we went. I managed to get onto the seat easily, we had to wear helmets and drivers wore fluro jacket.
Te guide took us up and over sand hills, along the beach and down a big hill at the end. It was both 2wd and 4wd. The bike seat was very comfortable, I thought the whole experience was so much fun. We stopped during the two hour tour at scenic spots. We saw a couple of reef sharks far below from the top of the cliffs.
                                     On our bike
I took this photo while we were going along the tracks.



We leave Shark Bay tomorrow for Kalbarri.

1 comment:

  1. To Whom It May Concern,

    My name is Aleisha. I work for the Shire of Shark Bay. Currently I am working on a Slide Show presentation to be displayed on one of the Shark Bay World Heritage Discovery and Interpretive Centre's screens. I am wondering whether you would give us permission to showcase your Ocean Park photos in the Slide Show. If you were to give us permission the photos will only be used for this one presentation and your full name will be displayed on the image. If you could please respond at your earliest convenience to my email: record@sharkbay.wa.gov.au.

    ReplyDelete